Contact us

Complaints and notifications

Before making a complaint to us, try talking with your health service provider—this is often the quickest and easiest way to address your concerns or fix a problem.

If it is too difficult or upsetting for you to contact the health service provider directly, contact us.

Make a complaint online.

You can also download and complete a health service complaint form and email or post it back to us.

To make a complaint on behalf of another person, download and complete this health service complaint form.

For registered practitioners, employers and health education providers, download and complete a notification form.


Download and complete the relevant complaint form (above) and email it to


Download and complete the relevant complaint form (above) and post it to

The Office of the Health Ombudsman
PO Box 13281 George Street
Brisbane Qld 4003


133 OHO (133 646)
Monday to Friday

8:30 am–4:30 pm
Closed public holidays

Fax (07) 3319 6350

Translating and interpreting service (TIS)

If you need help in your own language, contact the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450 and tell them:

  1. the language you speak
  2. our name - Office of the Health Ombudsman
  3. our telephone number - 133 646.

TIS will arrange an interpreter so you can talk with us. This service is free to you. For more information, visit the TIS website.

National relay service

The National Relay Service (NRS) is a free phone service for people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment.

For more information, visit the NRS website.

General enquiries

For general enquiries or questions (not health service complaints) email

Media enquiries

Our latest media releases are published on our media releases page.

If you have a media enquiry please email or call 07 3158 1375.

Please understand that we are governed by strict legislation to protect the privacy of those accessing our services. This means we cannot discuss individual complaints, complainants or health service providers. This includes any matters under investigation. We will provide you with as much information as we can, in line with our legislation.

Request information

You can request certain non-sensitive information from us, such as information about you. For more information contact our Release of Information Officer.